Monday, November 3, 2008

Really, I Got Here Safely

Hey, we arrived on Friday evening.  Zig Zag was surprisingly not pleased to be home.  He had not nice things to say to the other cats.  By Sunday though, he had cozied up to 70%, it wasn't just like old times but they are getting along better.  

There is lots of unpacking to do and I have a questionable computer situation so pictures will come when they come.  I will most likely post a link to SnapFish.

It was rainy on my first full day.  Really rainy, I didn't think it got that rainy here.  On the upside, the car is just as clean as ever.  Sunday was what a California day should be, sunny and bright!  I went to the Starbucks at Palo Alto mall to study and take an online quiz for school.  Remember how I said all the people were normal here??  That Northern California is sooooo not Southern California.  Yeah, I was wrong.  The folks (men and women) at the mall were dressed to the NINES.  It is an outside venue, given the weather, the anchor stores were giant and typical but the other stores are connected by an outside walk way.  Gals in heals, guys in fancy pants clothes, people had their dogs, entire families dressed like they were heading to a a young Kennedy outing.  Naturally, I had on track pants and Crocs ~ I was styling, you don't have to tell me ~ at least I had showered.  But didn't get any coffee!!!  The outrage.  The line was never shorter than 15 to 20 people.  15 TO 20 PEOPLE!!!  I wasn't waiting in that, I had to stop at a different store on the way home to get coffee.  Something isn't right there.  I won't be studying at that location any more.  Once I get the lay of the land I will be trying out those independent stores.

Of course I did just get a frequent addict card from Starbucks that gives me a discount on nearly every beverage I get.  That is a little hard to walk away from.  But the high volume and the internet thing can be a little irritating. 

No comments: