Monday, December 29, 2008

Adventures Had . . . and almost had . . .

Today we are headed to Muir Woods ( http://www.nps.gov/muwo/) it is about an hour north of us on the other side of San Francisco. The park has some pretty giant redwood trees. I don't know if they are the oldest or biggest in the country or the world, but I know they are old and big. I am sure I will have more details after our tourist adventure. We are bringing the good camera so there should be great photos. And, as a bonus we will have to cross the Golden Gate Bridge! We have not yet done this so we are both looking forward to it.

It continues to be a typical winter (read: wet season) here. Temp is about 60 degrees. It is sunny and bright. Sometimes it rains in the a.m. hours but today it is clear. We will bring our rain slickers because word on the street says it is wet in the woods, not a whole lot of sun gets through. The Girl has a snazzy stylish slicker, I of course, have a giant yellow duck jacket. It is actual foul weather gear, it works well though I don't at all blend in with the locals. And I will have you know, I won't be wearing the giant yellow overalls that go with it, so I will be feeling a little extra stylish. I may have a picture. OH, yes, this is the outfit I was wearing when I met The Girl (surprisingly she didn't think it was ridiculous, or maybe she did and that was OK---in my defense it was an outside day long music festival and it was raining and cold allllllllll day--I was talked into the boots at the last moment by RS as my girl shoes would not have been a wise choice, much like the Capri choice)




Adventures almost had . . . I was supposed to hang stuff yesterday. The Girl and I figured out where things should go. We didn't figure out a space for everything yet but we did find a place for the larger items. But I never hung anything. I went to the hardware store in town to get anchors and fasteners but got distracted. Short story long, I was out and about a long time. But I did hang one item today and will do more this week.




No comments: