Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Homosexual Agenda

I have, in the not so distant past been called an abomination to society. I have been told that my life and my behavior is a crime against God and nature. I have been told that I should repent because tomorrow could be the end I will burn in hell for all eternity. It sounds pretty dramatic, but sadly it is true story. Like a lot of gay folks, I have been hollered at by strangers on the street (unrelated to the comments above), once I had things thrown at me by a passing car and once I ended up as part of altercation on the streets of Philadelphia where the police were called. I was the only one who got a ticket in that altercation, though I was the only one who had not pushed, shoved, or used inflammatory hateful speech. I later had to deal with the Philadelphia Police department over the incident. All of that, for just living my life. Thankfully and I guess by Grace alone, I have never been a victim of physical violence because of being gay, aside from being shoved on the street.

What brings all this up?

I drove through San Francisco today and through the Castro District and saw firsthand the propagation of the insidious gay agenda. Yep, right there out in the open on the street. I saw two Dads leaving a Christmas tree lot with their little girl; one little happy family making their way in the world. There was a Dad at each and of the tree and the little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old, stood by the point of the tree as they waited for the light to change. The little girl was holding tightly onto the branches of the tree and she seemed pretty pleased. I thought about that little family almost all the way home. I thought about the plight of that little girl and what her future might hold. At the time I didn’t know if California had Second Parent Adoption Laws (SPA) So if the Dad that adopted her meets an untimely end before she is 18 she will become a ward of the state or perhaps the grandparents will take legal custody of her leaving her other Dad, the Dad that took care of her every single day without any legal recourse. Perhaps the second Dad meets an untimely end, that little girl will not have access to any death benefit (through the government), she will not have access to any sort of social security or pension. And benefit that will pass to her will have to have been privately set up using a private lawyer at the expense of the Dads, and I think it will all be taxed in some nutty way. If that couple splits up, it would be by the grace of adoptive parent that the little girl might ever see her second Dad, remember, that second Dad has absolutely no rights.

Well, it turns out that California does have SPA laws, it happened in 2004. California was the 9th state to approve second parent adoption by statute. While there are a handful of states that have SPA not all of them are as well established as CA. Colorado, Connecticut and Vermont have some pretty strong laws on the books that permit SPA. There are 22 other states that have laws permitting SPA but those have been established at lower courts. 17 states are unclear on SPA and 3 have flat out banned SPA. Of course, four sates as of this November made it illegal for gay folks to even adopt Florida, Arkansas and Mississippi and Utah. (http://tinyurl.com/theagenda ) What does that say? Those four states would rather have children languish in the child welfare system than find a permanent home? That’s a pretty unfortunate perspective especially because I don’t think any of the states that ban gay adoption are overwhelmed with resources to care for those children.

That’s it. I am done with my soapbox. It is just so disheartening to, again and again, see legislature strong armed by religious organization’s books of faith. Isn’t there some sort of separation? Don’t we all pay the same taxes? It’s just disheartening.

No comments: