Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Random Wednesday

First, I promised some pictures of Half Moon Bay and I am posting them. Second, let me say that I don't think we actually made it to the beach at Half Moon Bay. The beach, not unlike the Small Wonder state, was contained in a state park. Again, like the Small Wonder state, there was a fee to enter. Well the fee was a whopping 7 bucks. We wanted to drive around and take a couple shots, we were not dressed to hang out on the cold beach so we passed but we had stopped a mile or so up the road where we took these photos.

The cliff seems high because it was fantastically high. There was a narrow walkway that lead even closer to the edge, of course I walked out but the wind was strong and it seemed like a bad idea. I hightailed it back to more solid ground.




















Second, I have been unpacking lots over the last two weeks but not so much over the weekend; today (and yesterday) I flat out didn't unpack a thing. INSTEAD, I worked on making things pretty. I put up some lighting in the bedroom. There is no central lighting but there is a switch that operates an outlet, we had not been able to figure out which outlet it was but it became clear yesterday. I picked up some snazzy lights at IKEA. I have totally always wanted lights like these but have never been brave enough to put them up and well, 70%'s affection for things he really shouldn't bother with is pretty strong. But they are up. And, of course when a girl goes to IKEA she gets ideas. From stuff already in the house I put a little light element behind the bed. I blame The Girl for even thinking of such things, she is a huge fan of those decorating shows on the style and design channel. Anyway, this is the back story, the lights we had picked up (also at IKEA) in March of 06--the receipt was still in original box, the curtain rods I brought with me from Rochelle and the fabric was in with the sewing machine!!! Hooray.




You noticed I included a photo of 70% on the bed. He stayed on the bed, not moving even a bit, as I walked back and forth across the top of the bed.








Third, the motorcycle is all better! I got a call from the shop today and she is all set to be picked up. And it wasn't mad expensive so that is a bonus!!!!



Today's Highlight - Perhaps I am burying my lead here, but I applied to a school today. Yep! Last week I had an appointment with a rep at Ohlone College on the other side of the bay. She was very clear about the school, the numbers of folks that apply to the nursing program and my odds of getting in through the lottery. The number of folks that apply to the limited number of spaces is high and my odds are not awesome. Though based on calls I have made to other schools my odds on numbers alone do seem best at Ohlone. She looked over my transcript and as I had anticipated told me I already qualify to toss my hat into the ring for the lottery, but oh that lottery. There is a very real chance that my name will simply not be called, not because I am not qualified but because there 100 people trying to get those 30 available spots. The plan on this day at this moment is to run with it, here we are after all. There is a larger, long term plan in case the lottery doesn't happen but right now I am putting energy into the universe that I am a lucky girl and that I will be picked for the lottery.



No comments: