Friday, December 19, 2008

Back on the Saddle

OK, I think I have used that title before . . . anyway, THE BIKE IS ALL BETTER. The Girl gave me a lift to San Jose this afternoon to pick up the motorcycle. Let me be the first to tell you, it is rockin'! The first California ride was a total success. I got lost and everything. The weather was a little chilly today but I was fine during the daylight even without the wind protection layer of my motorcycle jacket.

Just this very day I was on the phone with Rabid Squirrel and we were talking about motorcycles (OH AND THAT RS FINISHED HER BACHELORS DEGREE TODAY) and riding and stuff. She pretty much openly mocks me for my affection for the Vespa scooter. I mostly accept it because there is a grain of truth to it. Cruiser = mad cool, kinda bad ass and well, a little sexy. Scooter = scooter, less sexy, not at all bad ass and well, it's a scooter --- but they are SO CUTE!
Somewhat related, on the bike I realized two things and then a third thing at the moment of getting back into the development. Two things I realized - the motorcycle is really sooooo much cooler than a scooter (even though the scooter is still crazy cute) and that California smells wonderful. I think there are eucalyptus trees or something, really it is a fantastic scent. And the third thing you ask? The third thing that I discovered just one block from our house? I discovered that I had run out of gas. I put less than a gallon in to prep the bike for registration and to drive it to the darn gas station. Well, since the bike got towed, we never made it to the gas station. I drove 31 miles home and about town (never thinking to get gas) and the folks at the shop took it for a test drive. That might put me around 40 or 45 miles on three quarters of a gallon. I pushed the bike the last block. So sad. But I will again fill my little gallon container with gas and filler' up tomorrow and head on down to registration.


This is a photo of the day I got the bike. As you can see, she is a little bigger than a scooter.

No comments: