Sunday, October 5, 2008

5 Days 6 Nights . . . Much better than that stranded on a desert island movie . . .

What a productive day. I packed the utility closet this morning. I had a massage client this afternoon and then Rabid Squirrel (RS) came over to help me pack, stayed for dinner and took with her several items for which I was trying to find a new home! Hooray for RS!!!

RS helped me take apart some larger items int he garage and pack up the last few things in the garage. We attempted to drain the gas out of the Sakura (the motorcycle) but did not succeed. I will call the dealer tomorrow and ask for a tip or just ride most of the gas out. RS also helped me properly dispose of some unused latex paint with some much unloved kitty litter she had lying around. Sadly, I made her take was was left of the kitty litter home with her. I still need to find a home for some items in condo, a breakfront, an armiore and a blue hutch. Very sad. I posted my car for sale at the end of last week. No valid inquiries as of yet.


It is 7:32 p.m. and I have exactly SIX DAYS until the movers arrive.

Fags none (v gd)
Drinks (read coffee drinks ~ that may be sub-categorized later) 5
Boxes packed 6
Things disassembled 5
Warm cookies 3
Caffeine?? two cups

All in all, I feel pretty good about the move. That being said, I really only have until Wednesday to prepare. My birth doula client is scheduled to be induced on Thursday that means I'll be at the hospital probably until Friday. Then I will need to sleep for at least a few hours. I hope to pack tonight the suitcase I'll be living out of for two weeks. That way I can pack the rest of my clothes in boxes and take apart the shelf in the closet. I will not disassemble the bed until Friday night, no need to give up that luxury until I have to.

So, tonight--pack suitcase and sweep big room for items that need to be packed. OH, I CAN'T FIND THE DARN TAPE. Where ever it is, it is hiding the utility knife, too. Darn tape! The Girl did pick up some brown tape but there is a limited supply of that.

No comments: