Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How Can You Miss Me if I Won't Go?

I moved some of the large furniture today. One piece remains and a friend in Delaware is going to help it move after I leave.


I have been working on a map. Of course I have been working on this very map for weeks. I think this is a good guess on how things might go http://tinyurl.com/totheleft No day is more than 8 hours or 600 miles. I am a frequent stopper for beverages and as a result for potty breaks. I know a couple of locations where there is a Whole Foods stores close to the highway, between those and grill cheeses I am sure I won't starve given the options of available road food.


I have been staying at The Girl's folk's house in DE, it has been very nice. Zig Zag and I have had full access to a proper bed and bathroom and a laundry. Awesome. As I head out on my trip, my first stop will be Pittsburgh to see The Girl's folks. And her Dad is well enough to be heading home, probably this very weekend. So we'll see each other before we each go Left and Right, respectively.


As far as touristy places go I am mostly underwhelmed. I looked for the largest ball of twine (I am, after all, traveling with a cat) but I didn't see any (yes there are three or four classifications of the largest ball of twine) very close to the highway. There is something called Carhedge outside of Grand Island between Lincoln Nebraska and Rawlins Wyoming. I have a lead or two on a cool spot in downtown Cheyenne and the world's largest truck stop is somewhere along route 80. I don't remember where but I am guessing it's a lot like South of the Boarder and there will be signage for 150 miles in either direction.

I will mostly be working on getting Left. Getting home.

No comments: