Friday, October 3, 2008

This is What I know so Far

  • Birth Doula Client having her baby on October 9th.
  • Movers will be here on October 11th
  • Painters will be here on October 14
  • I will take my national boards for my massage license on October 14th (yes same day, don't be concerned, I'm not)
  • Carpet people will be here October 20th.
I will depart with Zach two house plants and the car ???? Not sure yet but it will be sometime around the 17th to the 21st. Hopefully, if everything else falls into place.

The Girl has had several days at work. She reports back that it is pretty cool. She likes the folks she has met so far. She has caught the campus shuttle twice, the first time it was very direct and she was at her destination within 5 minutes. The second time she took the tour, 40 minutes later she arrived at her destination. It was dark so she couldn't really even report back on the path. She did say she walked home from work one day, took about 7 to 10 minutes--AWESOME!

Packing Update

The kitchen is packed, both bathrooms (though only one is clean), the balcony is all packed and one of two desks have been dismantled. Stuff still to be packed: some clothes, some garage items and a bit of a wreck in what used to be the office. I was informed by the painters that I will have to take down the shelves in the kitchen. We were going to leave them but now that I have to take them down we are thinking about just taking them with us. I was told to swap out a ceiling fan for the standard issue light fixture the joint came with. Not sure if that is still applicable.





Totally unrelated--HOW COOL IS THAT BICYCLE?!?!?!?! It still isn't as comfy as my old beach cruiser but it is pretty darn cool. The bike shop couldn't get their hands on the wire collapsible saddle bags but I know they have them in Palo Alto so I'll just get them there.

No comments: