Sunday, October 26, 2008

The End of Day Two

I am in Morris, IL about 30 miles southwest of Chicago. The hotels in the city limits were either wicked expensive or we not suitable for me and Zig Zag.


Things I found out on the road:
Location of Indiana (really, I am serious)
It is mad windy in Indiana and the speed limits is 70 mph on the highway
I wasn't far from route 66

Turns out Zig Zag has inclinations to be Toonts the Driving Cat ~ I don't fully understand the character but folks have been making the joke for weeks and today Zig Zag tried to help drive. He is really calm in the car. He doesn't try to escape at all. He spends a fair amount of time looking out the windows. Today he also spent a fair amount of time napping.



Zig Zag is doing great on the road. Today he was relaxed enough to eat on the road. He is also pretty relaxed at the hotel, no hiding or hunger strikes.




Tomorrow's goal was originally Lincoln, Nebraska, not quite sure how I feel about that at this point. 1-it was a long day with a late start 2-there are some cool things I want to cruise in Iowa City. Of course, I don't want to leave Zig Zag in the car so there may be little or no cruising of anything. Today he very happily stayed in the car during potty and coffee stops but I ate in the car, wrote notes in the car and made any calls I had to make in the car. I don't want to leave him.

Today's Items of Interest:
Miles driven about 500
Hours on road about 10.5
Coffee drinks consumed maybe 6 ish ~ I swear that last one wasn't decaf!
Giant sink holes almost driven into on dark deserted entrance/exit ramps 1 (somewhere in Indiana)

No comments: