Sunday, October 12, 2008

One of Two


So, tonight is the viewing. My father wanted an evening viewing and then the church service the next day. The thought was that the working folks couldn't make a day long series of events on the day of the burial. He is right. He also wanted a viewing before the church service for the older folks who don't drive at night. Again, he is right. Two days.

I don't know if I really want to be in the church when they close the casket. I know she is already gone. She left the moment the heart stopped working. We stayed with her in the hospital emergency room for hours. She was already gone then too. Still, the closing of that casket is probably going to be rough.

The Girl is home. I am beyond grateful for that. I know I am not alone, I have amazing friends who love me and would do anything for me (and have), but I am deeply, deeply grateful that The Girl is here. I have to go get dressed now.

No comments: