Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Totally Cool

OK, so I have been a little nervous about mappage on my cross country trip. OH THIS JUST IN--IT IS LOOKING VERY PROBABLE THAT MY FRIEND FELTY WILL BE JOINING ME FOR THE RIDE!!! I know we just get on 80 and go left but we will be pulling off the highway for lodging and food and stuff and we may want to see stuff. I called AT&T yesterday and got Internet on my phone. Now, normally I am way to frugal to do this on my tiny-screened phone but heck. 15 bucks for the month is much less than the hundreds of bucks it would have been for a GPS. I just downloaded Google maps onto my phone and I LOVE IT! It is a little slow and a little small but it absolutely meets my needs. And as an extra added bonus (bonus for me perhaps snoozer for you) I can access Blogspot and Facebook from the phone now. Coolness!

The jury is still out. I will fiddle with it for a few days and then I'll know for sure.

No comments: